(2) LIMITED EDITION MATCHING NUMBER SETS - A PRINCESS OF MARS - The Manuscript Edition + JOHN CARTER OF MARS Signed/Numbered Set [ (1) ERB Inc. + (1) G&D Book in dj's & slipcases + Coin]
The Fourth and Fifth Titles in the EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS Limited Edition Collection... - TOGETHER AS A MATCHING NUMBER PAIR
ONLY 8 SETS AVAILABLE
A PRINCESS OF MARS - The Deluxe Manuscript Edition Set (#1-500)
Leather book in dust jacket, document portfolio, numbered medallion and replica pen used to write "Under the Moons of Mars" all in a drop spine custom case.
JOHN CARTER OF MARS Signed/Numbered Set (#1-348) Two books in dust jackets, two custom slipcases - one bonus numbered medallion
TOTAL FOR BOTH TITLES - (2) Matching Number Sets ...........................$399.99
Click here to see Comments about A Princess of Mars - The Manuscipt Edition Click Here to See the John Carter of Mars Book Trailer
A PRINCESS OF MARS - The Deluxe Manuscript Edition is the fifth title in the ERB Limited Edition Collection. The set is published by Edgar Rice
Burroughs Inc. and includes an leather bound book in dust jacket, manuscript portfolio, handcrafted dip pen and Dejah Thoris medallion all housed in a 7”x10” custom decorated case. We think this will be the most elaborate and unique edition of A Princess of Mars ever published.
Each set features:
· A Leather Bound Book limited to 500 numbered copies signed by the artists and contributors with a corrected text, new foreword and preface.
· 20 Color Plates featuring the original (5) color Schoonover paintings and works by Frazetta, Abbett, Whelan, Manchess, Miller and including..
- (4-6) New Paintings commissioned for this edition (Artists like Iain McCaig, Dave Dorman, Thomas Gianni, Tom Grindberg, Doug Klauba and others.)
· A Custom Case covered in Cialux cloth, with spine titling and decorations debossed in gold and 1st edition dust jacket illustration inlaid on the lid.
· ERB Manuscript Portfolio (1911-1912) for 'Under the Moons of Mars" containing replica manuscript pages, editor letters, the Munsey check to ERB for UMM, and first publication pulp cover and pages.
· Manuscript Pen (1911-1912)- replica of the dip pen used by ERB to write the holographic manuscript for Under the Moons of Mars.
· 2" Dejah Thoris Medallion - 3D portrait design in antique silver accented in gold, numbered to match the book and inserted inside the custom case.
· New Dust Jacket artwork and color Barsoom Map endpapers.
· 30+ Black and White Illustrations by Tom Yeates and others…
JOHN CARTER of MARS
ERB’s 11th and final novel in the Barsoom series is for the first time published by ERB Inc. and G&D in a Signed/Numbered Set (#1-348) - with different dust jackets, bindings (red & blue), and front/end matter – individual custom slipcases and a new Foreword by Kevin J. Anderson and an updated Introduction by Richard Lupoff.
The G&D edition of John Carter of Mars will be the 50th authorized ERB title reprinted by G&D since they published their first title, Princess of Mars, 100 years ago.
This Ultimate Presentation Set Includes:
- Two unique matching number books in custom slipcases signed by the artists and contributors.
- Dust Jacket paintings by Bob Eggleton (wraparound) and an artist TBA.
- 2" Commemorative Medallion featuring JCM artwork and ERB's crest from his bookplate - edge-etched with numbers matching .
- 20+ Tipped in Color Plates by Robert Abbett, J. Allen St. John & Reed Crandall (newly colorized), Joe Jusko, and other artists to be announced.
- 100+ B&W Story Illustrations by John Coleman Burroughs, Reed Crandall, Motoichiro Takabe, Richard Corben, Krupa and J. Allen St. John
- Vintage Style Book Cloth with new titling by Zavier Cabarga grained to match the original ERBI & G& D editions from the 1930’s & 1940’s.
- New Barsoom map endpapers, (2) 2-sided laser-cut bookmarks, replicas of a Canaveral Press postcard & letter and ERB’s Notebook pages.
- High Quality Printing, Paper and Bindings - Offset printed in the U.S.A. on 80# Archival Vanilla Finch paper in symth-sewn bindings.
The Edgar Rice Burroughs Limited Edition Collection.
We’re committed to producing the ultimate ERB books ever published – the highest quality, most prolifically illustrated and attractively designed ERB books available. We’ve added lots of extras like....
- an antique silver finish medallion edge-etched with the number matching your books.
- (2) two-sided laser cut bookmarks,
- 80# archival paper, fold-out color plates, two-sided laminated dust jacket and original commissioned artwork, make these volumes unique treasures.