TARZAN of the APES: The Artist Edition (***International Orders: Please email your order, address and phone number to email@example.com . You'll receive an invoice with best available shipping.)
Available Now - The Artist Edition of Tarzan of the Apes limited to 600 numbered sets signed by the artists and contributors.
This is the sixth and most elaborately illustrated title in The ERB Limited Edition Collection published by Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc. since 2015.
**** NOTE - EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR NUMBERED SUBSCRIBERS: We will reserve the same number set for you for this new edition and the next new limited edition that you received for A Princess of Mars - The Manuscript Edition.
- Each Artist Limited Edition Set Includes: Book and Clamshell Box handcrafted in leather with letterpress title page, color illustrated endpapers and printed on 70# Finch archival paper and signed by five of the contributors including Neal Adams and Thomas Yeates.
- Fine Workmanship: Double gold stamped titles and decorations, Symth-sewn binding, hand built box, inserted color plates - printed and bound in the U. S.
- Two Wraparound Dust Jackets fitted on each book featuring a new original Tarzan painting by Sanjulian, new color endpapers by Daren Bader and a new version of the first edition dust jacket redesigned by Phil Normand.
- (28) Tipped in Color Plates including a 4-page fold-out – featuring artwork by Frazetta, Brom, Foster, Manchess, St. John, Jones, Adams, Miller, Arting, Yeates, Kubert, Pettee, Patrick, Jusko, Hogarth and many more.
- (100) Black & White Illustrations throughout the text by a host of artists and featuring 22 full-page illustrations for Tarzan of the Apes by Zdenek Burian and a 16-page Tarzan Artist’s Sketch Section.
- Bonus items in each boxed set: Tarzan of the Apes Artifact Portfolio (1912-1914) - includes replicas of editor letters, manuscript pages, Munsey's check to ERB, the ALL-STORY Oct. pulp cover, contents and title pages (1912), the illustrated first installment of the first Tarzan of the Apes newspaper serialization (1913) & the A. C. McClurg advertising postcard, illustrated order form & the first edition book contract. (1914).. and too many more to list.
- Vintage Style Pen – with gold grip and gold-plated Esterbrook nib – replica of the pen used by ERB to create Tarzan of the Apes.
- Die Cast Numbered Color Stamp (2” x 3”) Reproduction in metal of the rare 1914 advertising stamp designed by ERB to promote the first edition of Tarzan of the Apes using Fred Arting’s dust jacket art and design.